The Americana was built in 1959 as luxury apartments. The building featured a Sun ‘n Fun rooftop deck, swimming pool and two high-speed elevators. The apartments featured large lanai-style private balconies accessible via floor to ceiling sliding doors off of both the bedroom and living areas as well as kitchens with all electric appliances, dishwashers and garbage disposals.
In 1979, the building was converted into condominiums in which a one-bedroom unit sold for $15,000.
Since then the residents of the Americana have strived to keep our building attractive and in good repair.
Recent improvements to the building include:
- 2002 – Elevator computer control upgrade
- 2003 – Swimming pool equipment upgrade
- 2004 – Lobby remodel
- 2009 – New roof
- 2013 – New boilers
- 2014 – New HVAC water filtering system
- 2015 – Garage and parking deck repair (critical patches and repaired exposed rebar)
- 2016 – Insulated boiler pipes
- 2016 – Replaced CO Monitors
- 2016 – Replaced hot water storage tank and hot water boiler
- 2017 – Replaced pool boiler
- 2017 – Garage ramp repair
- 2017 – Elevator door closures repair
The Americana is managed by CAP Management.